Doesn’t this sound yummy!
Lasagna without the meat! See, it is possible.
Sweet Potato Lasagna
- 1 package silken tofu, drained
- 1/2 cup Tofutti sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly cut onion
- 2 boxes (10 oz each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 1/2 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (8 oz) bag of Daiya mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp each of Italian seasoning, parsley and garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a shallow 2-qt baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix tofu, sour cream, onion, Italian seasoning, parsley, garlic powder and paprika in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, mix spinach, nutmeg and 3/4 cup tofu mixture. Add potatoes to large bowl and toss to coat.
- Layer 1/2 the potatoes over bottom of prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/3 the cheese, and top with the spinach mixture, 1/2 the remaining cheese and all the remaining potatoes. Cover dish tightly with…
View original post 42 more words
It startles me just about every single day when I find that something I am using or consuming contains some derivative of an animal. Whether it’s clothing, food, or something seemingly as innocuous as my electronics, the array of products that tie directly into the destruction of a life, is mind blowing.
And I used to think, that the damage was already done, and so I wouldn’t make a difference in the lives of animals if i just go ahead and continue to use or consume that chicken or that leather iPad case. But you know what, it does make a difference. While it may seem true that consuming a hamburger does not cause any more additional animal suffering because that animal already had his or her life stolen from them just so I can eat something my body doesn’t need anyway, it still makes a difference. How? Every one less animal-derived product I use, is one less penny in the pockets of those manufactures without a conscious.
And maybe being vocal about my search for a cruelty-free phone case will cause someone else to think twice. Maybe. If I was a praying man, that would be my prayer. But since I am not, it remains my fervent driving force.
…you don’t have to visit. But before you go, remember all of those beings who can’t escape so easily. Remember all of those who don’t have a choice because man thinks they know best.
Human intolerance or discrimination on the basis of species, especially as manifested by cruelty to or exploitation of animals.