Here are some thoughts to ponder:
1. What is your responsibility if you know an animal is being abused or neglected? Look the other way because it is not your animal? Hope it gets better? Hope someone else will report or stop it?
2. Compared to a human life, an animal life takes second place. But what worth do animals really have to us? Are they nice to have around for companionship only? Are they irreplaceable members of our families? Are they after all, just “animals”?
3. What price are you willing to pay to save an animal’s life? Monetarily, emotionally, and physically?
4. Are animals living beings, or just non-emotional “things”? Do animal’s have feelings and desires just like we have?
5. And finally, do we have a hippocratic oath when it comes to animals? To do no harm? And if the answer is yes, what are you doing to save a life?